Monday, February 18, 2013

Fast and Light

After signing up for the upcoming Georgia Tough Mudder, I decided I needed some new trail shoes that weren't afraid to get wet. 

I wanted something light, reliable, and with good traction. After reading many reviews on various sites and blogs, I found these...

The Saucony ProGrid Peregrine 2 had many good reviews and seemed to have everything I was looking for in a trail-running shoe. Thus, I ordered them

At only 1 lb. 3.8 oz. they are light and have angled, teeth-like grips on the sole to help you keep moving forward.



The first day I ran with them I fell in love. The comfort and traction they provided speaks well of the Saucony brand-name.

Day two of running with them I wanted to see how they did wet, as I will be very wet when the Tough Mudder comes around. It was a rainy day here in the Southeast and puddles were plentiful.

After a six-mile run with my pup, with the help from a pair of Wigwam Ironman Endur Pro socks (which I would highly recommend if you intend to run with wet feet), my feet never chaffed or moved around in the shoes, there was no squeaking, and water seemed to leave my feet within steps.

The moral of the story is: if you like to get wet and run, you should invest in the Peregrine 2's.

Shop from our partner retailers and 12% of all procedes benefit Primal Sensations. Click the links below for great deals and reliable equipment.


No comments: