Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Strange Gear: The JakPak

Companies are going above and beyond these days with multi-purpose gear, and this is definitely one of the most interesting combinations I have seen.

Introducing: the JackPak, all-in-one rain-jacket, tent, bug netting and sleeping bag.


It is a great idea, but I am not so sure I want to be "wearing" my tent and sleeping bag while I hike, especially on hot/rainy days. I prefer my sweaty gear to be outside the tent, not all around me.

Also, if you catch the jacket on a sharp rock or tree limb, not only is your coat messed up but there goes your tent too.

This is a great idea but a little much if you ask me.

1 comment:

Tami said...

I think it sounds like a great idea on paper, but you're right about not wanting the sweaty stuff all around you. Also, the fact that if any one thing goes wrong with this thing you're pretty much out of luck with all the elements of being ooutdoors with what you need.