Monday, December 24, 2012

The Future of Travel

Flying is becoming more and more common it seems. Whether it is on a private jet, helicopter, or the soon to come Boeing 787, humans love to fly.

What the next twenty to fifty years holds for modes of flight is incomprehensible, well at least to the average American like myself, who's only concern with aircrafts is that they get me from one place to the other safely.

Two engineers of the Savoy region of France, Erick Herzberger and Luc Bernole, have raised the bar for personal aircrafts. The Akoya, a two person aircraft, is the first contribution from the Lisa Airplanes company, and I doubt it will be the last.

Photo Courtesy of Lisa Airplanes



The Akoya is a beautifully engineered aircraft that is designed for the adventurer in us all, but not for the bank accounts of us all. It's price tag is a whopping $390K, which includes the training for your pilot's license and aircraft-specific instructions. 

Photo Courtesy of Lisa Airplanes
This aircraft is designed for comfort and is capable of landing on water or snow, making the destination possibilities almost endless. When you have to settle for a more mundane landing, it can also land on the tarmac.

Photo Courtesy of Lisa Airplanes
Talk about arriving in style. I knew there was something I forgot to put on my Christmas list. I guess I will have to be extra nice next year so Saint Nick will drop one of these down my chimney.

If you want to learn more about this innovative aircraft, visit Lisa Airplanes' website HERE for more pictures, videos, and specifics about the Akoya.

No comments: